|Rider||Allen: 28||Scott: 10||Jordan: 9|
|Providence||Bullock: 23||Diallo: 11||Cartwright: 7|
- Providence and Rider met for the 5th time ever on Wednesday night. The Friars continued their winning streak against the Broncs with a 4-point victory at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
- Providence was led by Rodney Bullock with 23 points on 8/18 from the field. He also had 6 rebounds.
- Kyron Cartwright scored 14 points, dished out 7 assists and pulled down 5 rebounds. Cartwright now sits at 499 career assists with a chance on his next dime to become the 7th Providence player in the 500 assist club.
- Alpha Diallo recorded a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds and Makai Ashton-Langford was the other Providence player in double figures with 10 points.
- Rider was led by Jordan Allen with 28 points on 9/20 shooting, including 4/8 from beyond the arc. Allen was slow to get going and dealt with some foul trouble in the first half, but the redshirt freshman wasn’t shy and brought his team back into the game after the Friars led by 10 at halftime.
- Neither team did a very good job cleaning the glass on their defensive end with Rider giving up 16 offensive rebounds and Providence surrendering 14 offensive boards.
- Attendnce was listed at 7,255 at the Dunk.
- The Friars head south on 95 for their annual in-state rivalry game against Rhode Island on Saturday at the Ryan Center. The game tips at 5pm and will air on CBS Sports Network. Listen to the latest Providence Friarcast for a preview of Saturday’s matchup with the Rams.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917