|Leading Scorer||Leading Rebounder|
|Providence||Bullock: 27||Bullock: 8|
|Ohio State||Lyle: 21||Loving: 10|
- Rodney Bullock did his best to carry the Providence Friars to a road victory at Ohio State in Providence’s second appearance in the Gavitt Tipoff Games. Bullock’s 27 points on 8/20 shooting and 8 rebounds weren’t good enough.
- JaQuan Lyle came out of his early season slump to go for a team-high 21 points on 7/11 from the field. He also grabbed 8 rebounds and dished 7 assists in 35 minutes.
- Emmitt Holt scored 11 points but shot just 3/11 from the field against a Big Ten sized froncourt.
- Kyron Cartwright had another strong assists game with 8 dimes but he continues to struggle scoring the basketball with just 6 points on 3/6 shooting.
- Ryan Fazekas started the game again and managed 5 first half shots after only hoisting 2 up on Monday night against Vermont in that game’s first 20 minutes. Fazekas finished with 8 points on the night.
- Providence shot just 35% from the field on the night against Ohio State’s 50%, but the Friars banged home 10 3-pointers on 26 attempts as compared to the Buckeyes’ 4/12 from beyond the arc.
- The Friars only turned the ball over 3 times and forced 11 Ohio State giveaways.
- Ohio State outrebounded Providence, 43-33, but Providence grabbed 9 offensive rebounds to Ohio State’s 6.
- Ohio State scored 42 of their 72 points in the paint. Interior defense was an issue all night for the Friars.
- Providecne assisted on 18 of their 23 made field goals, which is an excellent assist rate.
- Providence only led for 56 seconds in this game but they continued to fight and claw back from medium sized deficits all night long.
- The Friars return to action on Saturday, November 19th against Grambling at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence at 12:00pm EST. The game will be televised on the FS2 and is part of the campus site portion of the Emerald Coast Classic.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917