- ICYMI – Game Notes & Preview: (20) Providence (18-7, 6-6) vs Georgetown (14-11, 7-5) 2/13/16
- ICYMI – Opening Line: (20) Providence -4.5 vs Georgetown 2/13/16
- ICYMI – Providence’s Final Six Big East Games and Their Impact on the NCAA Tournament
- Providence Journal – Kevin McNamara – Big Draw: Providence wins with a successful team setting attendance records at the Dunk
- Pawtucket Times – Brendan McGair – Decade later, memories of PC still fresh for Ryan Gomes
- Providence Journal – Jim Donaldson – With 6 regular-season games to play, anything’s possible for PC Friars
- Cox Hub – Vin Parise – 3 Friar Keys for a Win vs. Georgetown
- WEEI.com – John Rooke – Thinking Out Loud: Sliding Providence needs more support from underclassmen
- Cox Hub – Anthony Finucane – Friars Need Friartown Now More than Ever
Providence is now two-thirds of the way through their 18 game Big East schedule and they are sitting at 6-6 and are in a tie for 6th with Butler. The Friars have certainly been up and down in league play. They started 4-2 in the first third of the schedule and followed that up with a 2-4 record in the second third — though 1 of their 2 wins in the second third came on the road at Villanova.
Where: Dunkin’ Donuts Center – Providence, RI
When: 12:00pm EST
Providence returns home after a loss at Marquette on Wednesday night and the Friars are reeling with losses in 4 of their last 5 games. The 1 win during that stretch? At Georgetown. The Hoyas come to Providence looking to avoid being swept by the Friars. The Friars are 13-11 ATS this season and the Hoyas are 12-13 ATS. Providence opened as a 4.5 point favorite against Georgetown.
Stay tuned for updates as the line moves.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917
- ICYMI – Thoughts from the Road: Friars Fall Short in Double OT at Marquette
- ICYMI – Kris Dunn Among 20 on Latest Wooden Award Watch List
- ICYMI – 2016 Naismith Trophy Midseason Watch List Released
- FiveThirtyEight.com – Matt Giles – Kris Dunn’s Improvisational Brilliance Is Good For Providence — And For College Basketball
- Cox Hub – Mike Logan – Friars’ Lucky Number is 100 This Weekend