- ICYMI – Previewing Big East Media Day
- Cox Hub – Daniel James – Friars’ Journey Begins at Late Night Madness
- Yahoo Sports – Jeff Eisenberg – Big East preview: A big March is needed to raise the league’s stature
- Athlon Sports – College Basketball 2014-15: Big East Predictions and Awards
- Hoops Habit – Daniel Benjamin – Big East Rankings: Who Is The Best Coach In The Conference?
- Providence Journal – Kevin McNamara – Celtics to waive Erik Murphy; Ledo and Cotton fighting for roster spots
- Cox Hub – Mike Logan – Hockey East is Looking a lot Better After Week Two
Big East Media Day is Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. Coaches, players and administrators from the 10 member schools will be in attendance along with league Commissioner Val Ackerman and members of the media. Brendan McGair of The Woonsocket Call reported on Twitter that Ed Cooley will be accompanied by LaDontae Henton, Carson Desrosiers, Tyler Harris and Kris Dunn. For those on Twitter, the Big East announced the official hashtag of the event will be #BEmediaday.
Here is the schedule for the day:
- ICYMI – Why Providence’s Late Night Madness is Important
- FriarBasketball.com – Kevin Farrahar – Bentil, Lindsey on PC Transition
- FriarBasketball.com – Craig Belhumeur – PC Media Day Coverage
- FriarBasketball.com – Kevin Farrahar – Behind the Scenes of Madness
- FriarBasketball.com – Craig Leighton – Rounding Out Media Day
- The Sun Chronicle – Peter Gobis – New-look PC Friars look for backcourt leaders
- Providence Journal – Kevin McNamara – St. Andrew’s Terrell Brown could be next big man on R.I. campus
The building was rocking. The student section was standing and cheering loudly. Ed Cooley was raising his arms to keep the volume up. The players were feeding off the crowd’s energy. While this might sound like a Saturday night game in February at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center this was the scene at last Friday’s Late Night Madness inside Mullaney Gymnasium.
The atmosphere was electric and no disrespect to Jalen Rose, who was outstanding, but Ed Cooley was the master of ceremonies. Cooley manages to command the room even when the room is a 20,000 square foot gym. Dressing in all white for his entrance to the Madness event, Cooley got the crowd pumped up and had the recruits smiling and laughing the entire time he was on the microphone. One thing that Cooley stressed to the students in attendance was that they need to carry this enthusiasm and noise to the Dunk. I’m sure there were a lot of students there for the experience of Madness and the post-Madness concert with Big Sean but at least getting them in the door is important.
- ICYMI – The Ed Cooley Radio Show 10/15/14
- ICYMI – First USA Today Coaches Poll of the 2014-15 Season Released
- ICYMI – Who is Attending Providence’s Late Night Madness?
- Cox Hub – Daniel James – The History of Providence College Late Night Madness
- Cox Hub will have a live stream of Late Night Madness. Click here.
- Providence Journal – Bill Reynolds – In father’s footsteps, Jalen Rose coming full circle
- FriarBasketball.com – Craig Leighton – Madness Visitors & More
- ESPN – Jeff Goodman – This year’s secret scrimmages
- Friars.com – Former Friar Genevieve Lacasse Named To Hockey Canada’s Four Nations Team