With the first live period of July kicking off later this week Rivals released their updated Class of 2018 Top 150 player rankings on Monday. The Friars are chasing a number of talented prospects among the rising senior class and many of them found their way onto Rivals’ updated list. Providence commit AJ Reeves also saw his stock continue to trend up by moving 12 spots from the last update by Rivals in April. Reeves finds himself squarely inside the Top 45.
Rivals closed the book on the Class of 2017 last week as those players get set to graduate onto college in the Fall. On Tuesday Rivals updated their Class of 2018 Top 150 a few days ahead of the first Live Recruiting Period of April. Providence fans will recognize many of the names below, including some talented local products who have continued to move up in the rankings. The Friar coaching staff figures to see many of these talented rising seniors in action over the next several months when the all important grassroots season kicks off on Friday.
Providence Recruits in the Top 150:
Rivals released a Top 75 for the Class of 2018 on Friday and Providence has some of their targets on the list for this class that is made up of current high school sophomores. The list also includes some local New England prep products.
Providence Recruits in the Top 75:
- #5 – Naz Reid – 6’9 PF – Roselle Catholic/Asbury Park, NJ
- #24 – Isaiah Mucius – 6’7 WF – St. James School/Patchogue, NY
- #25 – Jalen Smith – 6’8 PF – Mount Saint Joseph/Baltimore, MD
- #32 – AJ Reeves – 6’3 SG – Brimmer and May/Roxbury, MA
- #63 – Nate Laszewski – 6’7 PF – Northfield-Mt. Hermon/Avon, CT
- #67 – Montez Mathis – 6’4 SG – Oak Hill Academy/Essex, MD
To see the entire Top 75, click here.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917