With the first live period of July kicking off later this week Rivals released their updated Class of 2018 Top 150 player rankings on Monday. The Friars are chasing a number of talented prospects among the rising senior class and many of them found their way onto Rivals’ updated list. Providence commit AJ Reeves also saw his stock continue to trend up by moving 12 spots from the last update by Rivals in April. Reeves finds himself squarely inside the Top 45.
Rivals closed the book on the Class of 2017 last week as those players get set to graduate onto college in the Fall. On Tuesday Rivals updated their Class of 2018 Top 150 a few days ahead of the first Live Recruiting Period of April. Providence fans will recognize many of the names below, including some talented local products who have continued to move up in the rankings. The Friar coaching staff figures to see many of these talented rising seniors in action over the next several months when the all important grassroots season kicks off on Friday.
Providence Recruits in the Top 150:
Providence losing to Creighton in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals on Thursday night broke a streak of three straight trips to the semifinals. One streak that will continue is their NCAA Tournament appearance streak. Providence will be an 11 seed in the East region in a rematch of last year’s First Round game with USC. The Friars and Trojans will face off in Dayton as part of the First Four. The game tips at 9:10pM ET on Wednesday.
- BigEastCoastBias.com – Christopher Novak – Reactions to the Big East’s standings in Ken Pomeroy’s 2017 preseason rankings
- isportsweb.com – Jack Godar – Big East Preview: Can the Villanova Wildcats Repeat Last Year’s Success?
- Minnpost.com – Britt Robson – Previewing the 2016-17 Timberwolves: This is just the beginning
Scout updated their Class of 2017 Top 100 a day after ESPN did the same thing. There are some names that are in similar ranges between the two services, while others appear on Scout’s that don’t appear on ESPN’s, and vice versa. 2017 commit Dajour Dickens makes his debut in Scout’s Top 100, coming in at 98. He was just outside ESPN’s Top 100.
To see the entire Top 100, click here.
PC Recruits in the Top 100:
ESPN updated their Top 100 for the Class of 2017 on Tuesday and on Wednesday they dropped their first release of their Top 60 for the Class of 2018. Though these kids still have two full years of high school left after this year, Providence has been actively recruiting some of the players on ESPN’s list.
Providence Recruits in the Top 60:
- #4 – Naz Reid – 6’9 PF – Roselle Catholic/Asbury Park, NJ
- #12 – Keldon Johnson – 6’5 SG – Park View/South Hill, VA
- #18 – Jalen Smith – 6’8 PF – Mount Saint Joseph/Baltimore, MD
- #21 – Coby White – 6’4 PG – Greenfield School/Wilson, NC
- #30 – Isaiah Mucius – 6’7 WF – St. James School/Patchogue, NY
- #44 – Kiyon Boyd – 6’5 SG – HD Woodson HS/Washington, DC
- #52 – AJ Reeves – 6’3 SG – Brimmer and May/Roxbury, MA
To see the entire Top 60, click here.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917
ESPN expanded their Class of 2017 rankings from 60 to 100 and Providence continues to be involved with highly-ranked players each recruiting cycle under Ed Cooley. The addition of Ivan Thomas has brought more Boo Williams players onto Providence’s target list but there are still plenty of recruits from the Northeast on the Friar coaching staff’s big board.
Providence recruits in the Top 100: