- Friars.com – Men’s Basketball Runs Past DePaul, 84-61
- Projo – Kevin McNamara – PC rolls past DePaul, 84-61
- The Sun Chronicle – Peter Gobis – Friars get back to basics, overpower DePaul
- FriarBasketball.com – Craig Leighton – Rapid Reaction: Friars Roll Over Blue Demons
- Projo – Kevin McNamara – Blue Demons are right medicine for Friars
- GoLocal Prov – John Rooke – Friars blow by DePaul, 84-61
- Projo – Kevin McNamara – Friars Journal: Desrosiers starting to assert himself
- Chicago Tribune – Providence blows out DePaul
- Cox Sports – Postgame Press Conference: DePaul
- #pcbb’s Game Notes & Preview
- Projo – Mark Divver: The overachieving Friars of ’63-’64 started it all – Great read about the 1963-1964 PC Men’s Hockey team that is being honored this weekend
- Projo – Kevin McNamara – It’s go time for Friars to salvage NCAA bid</span
- Projo – Mark Divver – PC 2, Notre Dame 2: Friars’ Saracino ties it up to give PC a valuable point
Where: Dunkin’ Donuts Center – Providence, RI
How: Fox Sports 1/WEEI 103.7 FM
- The Friars and Blue Demons have met 11 times since DePaul joined the Big East with PC owning an 8-3 record
- DePaul has won their last 2 times at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center
- Bryce Cotton leads the nation in minutes per game with 39.5. He is averaging 41.5 mpg in Big East play and has played every second of the last 10 games. The last time he came out was against Villanova on 1/5/14, a game in which he played 38 minutes.
- Bryce Cotton is 2nd in the Big East in scoring (21.2 ppg) and Brandon Young is 10th (15.0 ppg)
- Bryce Cotton is 1st in the Big East in assists (5.8 apg) and Brandon Young is 8th (3.8 apg)
- Kadeem Batts is 4th (7.6 rpg) and LaDontae Henton is 5th (7.2 rpg) in the Big East in rebounds while Tommy Hamilton is 16th (5.3 rpg)
- Line opened at PC -12
Line opened with Providence as a 12 point favorite. My numbers (not inclusive of home court advantage, etc) have Providence as about a 10 point favorite.
The #9 Providence College Friars welcome #20 Notre Dame for a 2 game series this weekend at Schneider Arena. After a tough loss to non-conference opponent UConn on Tuesday, the Friars look to get back into the Hockey East playoff hunt. The Friars are currently in 6th place in the Hockey East standings while 4 points away, Notre Dame sits tied for 8th place with UMass Amherst.
Watch the game starting at 7:00pm on OSN and streaming LIVE on coxsportsonline.com.
The 2014 NCAA Tournament Mock Selection took place over the last 2 days in Indianapolis and some national writers got a chance to hear how the selection committee thinks and put together their own mock bracket. It was very interesting following this last night and today to see how the seeding and selections are done. Here is a recap of the event via the writer’s tweets. Despite PC’s recent downturn, the writer still had them in (last 4 in) as a 12 seed.