|Villanova||Bridges: 19||Spellman: 9||Brunson: 5|
|Providence||Cartwright: 17||Jackson: 8||Cartwright: 5|
- Providence welcomed #3 Villanova to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center on Wednesday evening for a Valentine’s Day tilt. This was the 101st meeting between the Friars and Wildcats all-time. Providence controlled the tempo all night and their scoring drought in the first half was met in kind by Villanova. The Friars and Wildcats went down the stretch with no one in Friartown feeling comfortable but in the end Providence did enough to hang on and get their first win at home over a top 3 team since defeating #1 Pittsburgh in 2009.
- Providence was led by Kyron Cartwright with 17 points. Cartwright also added 5 assists while playing through foul trouble.
- Villanova was led by Mikal Bridges with 19 points and 7 rebounds.
- Providence improves to 17-9 on the season and their record in Big East play is now 8-5.
- The Friars head back on the road for a game at Butler on Saturday afternoon from historic Hinkle Fieldhouse. That game tips at 12:00pm on FOX.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917