|(22) Butler||Fowler: 19||Baldwin: 11||Chrabascz: 4|
|Providence||Diallo: 15||Bullock: 7||Cartwright: 7|
- Providence had a full house at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center for this matchup against 22nd-ranked Butler due largely due to the fact that it’s Alumni & Family Weekend in Friartown. The fans weren’t exactly treated to an all-time offensive contest but the game was close throughout and came down to the wire. In the end, Providence made some key plays and Butler made some key mistakes and the home fans spilled out to downtown Providence and Federal Hill to celebrate a much-needed win against a ranked opponent.
- Rodney Bullock started slow and didn’t have he most efficient day on the offensive side but scored 12 points and 7 rebounds.
- Alpha Diallo continues to impress with his play, especially in key situations. He also played excellent defense all day and grabbed some key rebounds. Diallo finished with 15 points and 5 rebounds.
- Kyron Cartwright had a nice floor game and also made some clutch jump shots. Cartwright had 14 points, 7 assists and just 1 turnover in 37 minutes.
- Emmitt Holt did not have a good game. Between foul trouble and shoddy defense the junior college transfer didn’t have his best game at Providence. However, Holt made some key baskets, including one that gave Providence a 5 point lead with less than a minute remaining in the game. Holt finished with 10 points and 4 rebounds.
- Andrew Chrabascz, playing in front of the hometown fans for the final time in a Butler uniform, was held in check until the final 8 minutes when he notched his first field goal and he was Butler’s go-to player down the stretch. Chrabascz finished with 12 points and 4 assists.
- Butler big man Nate Fowler proved to be an offensive dynamo against the Friars. He started the game 7/7 from the field, including 3 made triples. He finished with a career-high 19 points.
- Kelan Martin’s struggles in Big East play continued in this one. His shots were my falling and his attitude certainly didn’t appear positive. Martin ended up with 8 points on 3/11 from the field.
- Providence had 9 made 3-pointers against just 5 for Butler. The Friars shot 44% from the field, overall. The Bulldogs made 41% of their shots from the field.
- The Friars next welcome Xavier to the Dunk. The game tips Wednesday, February 15th at 6:30pm EST. The game will be televised on FS1.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917