|Leading Scorer||Leading Rebounder|
|(10) Creighton||Patton: 20||Patton: 6|
|Providence||Holt: 17||Young: 9|
- Providence trailed Creighton, 39-33, at the half. The Bluejays shot a blistering 55% from the field, including 5/10 from beyond the arc. Kyron Cartwright was forced to sit out much of the first half and even headed to the locker room early with knee soreness. He was ruled out at halftime with what has been a lingering issue for Cartwright all season long.
- The Friars hung tough without Cartwright but Creighton eventually proved too much. The Bluejays finished the game shooting 56% from the field and despite getting killed on the glass they made 7 3-pointers and got 44 of their points in the paint.
- Emmitt Holt led the way for Providence with 17 points on 7/14 shooting. He also grabbed 7 rebounds.
- Other Friars in double figures were Jalen Lindsey who scored 11 points on 4/12 shooting. Lindsey also grabbed 5 rebounds and was 2/5 from beyond the arc. Lindsey injured his wrist late in the game. That will be something to monitor.
- Rodney Bullock had a tough shooting day, finishing with 6 points on 3/13 from the field in 35 minutes.
- Alpha Diallo was very good off the bench for a second straight game and is making a push to earn more minutes going forward. Diallo put up 8 points and 5 rebounds in 20 minutes for Ed Cooley.
- Kalif Young also provided good minutes off the bench. Young finished with 9 points and 9 rebounds in 13 minutes.
- Isaiah Jackson was efficient from the field to finish with 8 points on 4/5 shooting but had some defensive lapses against Creighton’s explosive guards.
- Ryan Fazekas was a relative non-factor in this game with just 7 minutes off the bench. He took no shots and grabbed 1 rebound.
- Creighton was led by the freshmen 7-footer Justin Patton who scored 20 points on 9/13 shooting. He also grabbed 6 rebounds.
- Maurice Watson came into this game with a sore right wrist and an illness but managed to run Creighton’s offense to fairly flawlessly. Watson finished with 11 points and 14 assists to go against just 2 turnovers.
- Marcus Foster and Khryi Thomas were other major scoring contributors for Creighton. Foster finished with 17 points and Thomas scored 16.
- The Friars head back on the road to take on DePaul on Tuesday, January 10th at 9:00pm EST. The game will be televised on FS1.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917