|Leading Scorer||Leading Rebounder|
|Wagner||Davis: 13||Davis: 9|
|Providence||Lindsey: 16||Bullock: 9|
- Providence got off to a sluggish start in this game with Wagner jumping out to a 10-4 lead in the game’s first few minutes. The Friars woke up after Ed Cooley called a timeout to throw a 31-0 run at the Seahawks to pull away for good. Providence led, 45-20, at the half and never let Wagner back into the game.
- Jalen Lindsey led all scorers with 16 points in a game that saw very balanced scoring. Emmitt Holt added 11 points, Alpha Diallo scored a career-high 9 points, Rodney Bullock scored 8 points. Providence played all 13 players today.
- The Friars held Wagner to just 33% shooting, including 25% from beyond the arc. The Seahawks did continue to be a good offensive rebounding team with 20 grabs of their own misses, but the Friars were just too much for Wagner. Providence shot 47% from the field, including 39% from 3-point range. They also shot 72% at the free throw line.
- Providence assisted on 22 of their 27 field goals. Kyron Cartwright dished out half of those, finishing with 5 points and 11 assists in just 24 minutes.
- The Friars welcome Maine to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center on Tuesday, December 20th at 8:30pm EST. The game will be televised on FS1.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917