|Leading Scorer||Leading Rebounder|
|Grambling St||Ugba: 14||Ugba: 8|
|Providence||Bullock: 18||Bullock: 6|
- Both teams started sluggishly and Grambling with turnovers outpacing made field goals for the early stages of the 12pm tipoff. Providence eventually kicked it into high gear to close the first half up by 13. The Friars started strong in the second half, building a lead as high as 21 less than two minutes into the second stanza but a scoring slump returned to allow Grambling to get back into the game. The lead was as low as 7 in the second half until Providence used a few good possessions in as row and made free throws to pull back away.
- Emmitt Holt finished the game with 17 points on 5/9 shooting. He shot an impressive 7/8 from the free throw line and added 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 assists.
- Rodney Bullock followed up his strong showing at Ohio State with an efficient 18 points on 8/11 shooting. Bullock also grabbed 5 rebounds.
- Jalen Lindsey was the third Friar in double figures, finishing with 10 points on 4/7 from the field. Lindsey also grabbed 5 boards.
- Kyron Cartwright had a season-high 7 turnovers to go with 8 assists and 8 points, but he played a solid floor game and kept the team under control.
- Ryan Fazekas notched 8 points on 2/6 shooting, all from downtown. He was getting pretty clean looks but hasn’t caught fire yet.
- Isaiah Jackson gave Cooley solid minutes and added 7 points and 3 rebounds.
- The Friars get back in action quickly on Monday, November 21st against St. Francis (NY) at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center at 6:30pm EST. The game will be televised on FS1 and is their final campus site game of the Emerald Coast Classic.
Follow me on Twitter @pcbb1917