Where: Dunkin’ Donuts Center – Providence, RI
How: Fox Sports 1/WEEI 103.7 FM
- PC has extended their Big East winning streak to 4 with their grind it out win over Butler at the Dunk on a blizzardy Tuesday night. This would be a huge win for the Friars to take with them on the road next week as they head to Milwaukee and then Chicago to take on Marquette and DePaul.
- This will mark the third game in a row that PC will take on a new member of the Big East.
- Kadeem Batts has been playing very well of late. Even when his shot isn’t falling early, he has shown the ability to get to the free throw line and is an impressive 29/35 (83%) over his last 4 games. He has also been a beast on the glass, averaging 9.5 rpg over that span, including a career best 17 rebound performance against Butler on Tuesday. Batts is playing much more aggressive than earlier in the year which is good to see but it has also led to some foul trouble of late.
- 8 of PC’s 19 games have been decided by 4 points or less this season. They are 5-3 in those games including a 2-2 record in the 4 games of the 8 that have gone into overtime.
- Cotton has scored 20 or more points in 35% of all games he has played at PC. He also currently leads the Big East in assists.
- Line opened at pick ’em in Vegas.
Keys to the Game
- Batts staying aggressive and taking it to Stainbrook early and often. PC makes their money with offensive rebounds and free throw shooting. Batts will be a key cog in both.
- Contain Semaj Christon. He is averaging 24 ppg over his last 5 games and is Xavier’s best player.
- Get meaningful minutes from Carson Desrosiers. His interior presence protecting the rim will be a big factor in keeping Christon out of the lane and Stainbrook off the glass.
Prediction: Xavier 69 Providence 71 (OT)
For a very well done preview from the Xavier POV: